TrendHR is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist for a client in the Rockwall area. Ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience in an A/R focused position. This role is primarily responsible for sorting, batching, scanning and applying all incoming payments, analyze accounts, communicate with customer. Review/collect on assigned accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Applying payments
- Open, sort, batch, tape total, scan all incoming customer payments
- Includes recognizing what does not belong to Heartland and pulling out before batching
- Create Payment batches in Solomon
- Apply payments to invoices
- May require communication with customer if not clear
- Account analysis during payment application.
- Address any overpayments, credits taken in error or past due invoice with customer at that time.
- Note issues on the customer accounts
- No unapplied cash greater than 60 days from receipt – review accounts and prepare refund checks with support for management review.
- Soft collection on past due accounts: email or call
- Reconcile accounts as needed
- Respond to any questions from customers regarding accounts
- Review/analyze what is needed to resolve accounts: send invoices, move to another vendor, write off, etc
- Update account notes
- Meet or exceed metrics for collections
- Other collection duties as required
- Research rejections on assigned accounts
- Determine proper course of action on rejection
- Resubmission of invoice with corrected information
- Write off in whole or in part based analysis of invoice
- Sound Billing:
- Research disputed items
- Make necessary Credit Memo/Debit Memo to correct.
- Process write offs in database.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in transnational accounting: cash application, collections, accounts receivable
- Must possess excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Must be detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Intermediate Excel skills – able to create pivot tables and utilize Excel to make job functions easier
- Knowledge of Solomon or Great Plains is a plus.
If you meet the above qualifications please APPLY NOW!
Salary: $18.00 to $22.00 /hour