TrendHR is seeking a Purchasing and Inventory Control Specialist for one of our very established clients near Dallas, TX on a contract to hire basis. The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded professional capable of multi-tasking with previous experience in a similar role. Candidate must be comfortable working in and outside the office as physical counts of inventory inside the warehouse and in the yard are monthly. This position requires good accounting skills and bilingual Spanish/English skills are a plus!
- Past proven ability to procure all materials required for manufacture of construction equipment or related industry.
- Issue purchase orders, solicits bid proposals and reviews requisitions for accuracy.
- Manage inventory of goods and material to maintain timely delivery to reduce cost of inventory storage.
- Develop, identify and execute annual cost reduction targets for all suppliers.
- Manage the expediting, receiving and flow of parts and supplies to required production departments.
- May be required to supervise others in shipping and receiving department.
- Be able to plan and/or follow all management mandated budgets involving the purchasing of goods and services.
- Background in purchasing steel and fabrication/industrial manufacturing experience.
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite.
- Great Plains and Excel proficiency required including Pivot tables and Macros.
- Strong Organization skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
Our client is reviewing resumes this week! For immediate consideration please apply today! Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Salary: $16.00 to $20.00 /hour